Monday, July 30, 2007

Choices

I ended up totally disassembling the railing and spraying it, then reassembling it. I think I made the right choice. Also, I reassembled from the top down, rather than bottom up. It turned out to be allot easier that way. Got it all done in one day. I will post pics tomorrow. I prefer to do daylight pics I think for the natural lighting. I might do some closeup's too, to highlight some of the more interesting effects.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Last section complete


All together now. I just need to decide if I am going to disassemble it and spray it, or spray in place, and mask it all off...

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Spots

Ugg, last pick had a bunch of spots on it I did not see first look. Might have been from rain, not sure, gonna try to fix it tomorrow.

I did not revise this post, as it did not really matter, and it was rain spots. Cleaned the lenses of my camera, and just continued.

More on rail



This is time consuming, but still, falling under my figures on how long it would take. I am satisfied with progress, but was really hopeing for better. But, as I have never done anything like this before, I guess I should be happy .

Section complete


Had to go to town this morning, so did not get this done right away. Also, it was a real pain to get it all together, with the soffit being in the way.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A twist in my story


In this section I am showing part of the process I am useing during assembly.

First run done



This is not as easy as I'd like it, but not real bad. Just time consuming.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Posts!


Got posts last night, railing is begining.


Here are some examples of what I have created with the material you saw on the sawhorses in the previous post. The pantry door is the creation of my son Loren, I just helped. The black you see in the top panel is blackboard. for those who might want details, the chalkboard is 2 sections of 1/4" hardboard. I used contact cement to make a single 1/2"sheet that I sprayed with 3 coats of chalkboard paint. I used all 1/2" datos to make the mortice and tendons. That allowed me to do all the work with the same setup.

Here we go


My first post on my new blog. I am dedicating this blog to my work. To start it out, I will post some images of the work I am doing. Will try to add more as I progress. I am currently working on a log house in central Wis.